Saturday 7 April 2018

Altenew Bamboo Rose with pencils

Happy Saturday!

I have been having a really crafty day today! Done some pencil colouring this morning, which I have not done in ages! I enjoyed it so much! It took a bit of time, as I was colouring the whole background, but I think the finished project made it worthwhile. I love the look of pencil colouring and I am definitely going to be getting them out more often!


I started by die-cutting the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles from some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, then using my MISTI I stamped the roses from the Altenew Bamboo Rose set all over the background. I needed to double stamped some of them to get the crisp outline and that is the beauty of a stamping tool! I stamped an extra one of the largest rose onto a small piece of Desert Storm.

I then coloured the roses using my Spectrum Noir pencils, using three shades of pink for the flowers and three shades of green for the leaves. I also used a bit of black on the darkest parts of the leaves as well.

I die cut the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks from some black glitter cardstock and die cut two more from some plain black cardstock. I layered them on top of each other with some glue placing the glitter one on the top.


I adhered the sentiment to the vellum with some Ranger Multi Medium Matte. Once dry I then added some of the Multi Medium Matte onto the back of the sentiment sparingly then wrapped the vellum strip around the front panel securing it with the glue. I then cut out the spare rose and leaves and added them to the other end of the vellum with some foam pads.

I added the panel to the front of an A2 top folding card base, then added some black Nuvo Drops to finish, leaving them to dry.

I love the effect of the pencils on Desert Storm cardstock, hope you like it too!

Crafty Hugs,



2 comments:

  1. one of my fav techniques; Colored pencils on Kraft. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete