Wednesday 11 April 2018

MFT Magical Dragons/Baby Boy

Hello there!

Welcome back to my blog! Today's card has been inspired by three different challenges, all linked below:

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #380
Color Throwdown #488
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add Some Texture

First, I will show you my card and then I will share the inspiration images for the first two challenges!

So here is my card:


Here is the color scheme for this week's Color Throwdown challenge and also the sketch for the MFT challenge:

I used the Magical Dragons stamp set from MFT and coloured the images using my Copic markers. I cut out the images leaving a small white border around the edges. I then die cut the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles and blended some Twisted Citron Distress Ink from the centre outwards, adding some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink from the centre too, just not as far out. I then spritzed the panel with my Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and dabbed off the excess with a clean paper towel. Once dry, I ran the piece through my Big Shot with the Darice Layered Hearts embossing folder. I then added the panel to a side folding A2 card blank.


I die cut a circle from some white cardstock and blended some Fossilized Amber Distress Ink from the centre outwards. I added the circle to the card with foam pads. I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Lawn Fawn Little Bundle stamp set, onto a strip of white cardstock that I had die cut with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner die. I adhered it so that the left edge was underneath the circle. I added the dragons to the circle with foam pads. I die cut the smallest of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Heart dies from some white cardstock and coloured it with the same blue Copics I used for the images. I adhered the heart to the card with foam tape.

To finish the card I added some sequins from Lucy's cards.

I found this one really challenging. Think it was the sketch that got me, but I think it turned out okay in the end! I really like this colour scheme and it is perfect for a new baby boy card like this one.

Thanks for stopping by!

Crafty hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card, love the texture from the embossing folder.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete